Nahdlatul Ulama Universitas Surabaya (UNUSA) is a private religious university founded by the Nahdlatul Ulama (NU). The NU is the largest Muslim organization in Indonesia, and one of the largest independent Islamic organizations in the world. The university was founded four years ago and received a B accredication from BAN-PT.
Program focus: Numeracy
UNUSA proposes to develop an integrated approach to numeracy in grades 1-3 within the school ecosystem involving a range of stakeholders from 16 schools including school supersivors, principals, teachers, school committees and parent organisations that are working under strong leadership. The program will also include student teachers from PGSD Universitas terbuka Pasuruan. Key activities will include the following:
- ToT on numeracy, school management and workshop facilitation skills.
- Regular workshops with teachers on numeracy through the teacher working group
- Establishment of a ‘Numeracy Garage’ (or ‘Bengkel Numerasi’) within each school.
- Publication and dissemination of good practice stories on a regular basis via a bulletin, UNUSA website, videos and INOVASI website. This will be done in liaison with the INOVASI Communications team.
Location: Pasuruan, East Java
Duration: 12 September 2018 until 11 September 2019
- Increased students’ learning outcomes in numeracy
- Improved teachers’ teaching practices
- Increased the number of reading corners in classroom